The Inspections division provides customer assistance and inspection services to verify compliance with zoning, floodplain regulations, Minimum Livability and Maryland Accessibility Codes and ordinances. Assistance to Zoning Administration staff are also provided. Upon collection, review and approval of inspection reports from the contract inspection agency, as well as the zoning inspection staff, structures are "certified" for occupancy.
Zoning inspection and compliance functions of this section range from follow-up on citizen inquiries, violations to site inspections for compliance with conditional uses, over lot grading and storm water management. Additional tasks include land use inventory activities such as nonconforming use and sign inventories.
- Commercial Plan Reviews
- Commercial Site Development
- Critical Area Inspections
- Investigate Work without Permits
- Home Occupation Inspections
- Floodplain Regulations
- Maintains Records for Inspection, Inquiries, Unsafe Structures, etc.
- Residential Site Development Inspections
- Stormwater Management Inspections
- Zoning Inspections
- ADA/Handicap Inspections
- Investigate Citizen Inquiries
- Minimum Livability Code Inspections (Rental Code)
- Perform Initial Damage Assessment for the Dept. of Emergency Services after a Natural Disaster